Your support is crucial. It enables us to offer free support to pupils in state primary and secondary schools, regardless of their background or ability.
Evidence from evaluation suggests that Classics for All is having a transformative effect on the curriculum, and the achievements and aspirations of pupils across the UK.
“It’s been so wonderful to give our children access to what has previously been seen as an independent school curriculum through Classics clubs and Latin lessons. The children deserve to have access to this culturally rich material and it is a joy to share it with them.” Secondary teacher, Lionheart Trust Schools, Leicester
We receive no core government funding and raise funds each year from individuals, trusts and foundations and corporate donors. To achieve our objectives and meet growing demand from schools we need to increase our income from £650k in 2019 to £850k per year by 2025. Without this, hundreds of state schools will be deprived of the opportunity to study classics.
Here’s how your contributions can help us:
- £15 could provide a set of books for one pupil
- £125 could support the costs of a talk or workshop in schools
- £500 could support a taster day to make the case for classics with non-specialist teachers
- £1,500 could equip non-specialist secondary school teachers with the skills to tackle beginners’ Latin
- £3,000 could support the costs of two years’ training and mentoring needed to embed classics on the curriculum in a primary or secondary school.
- £7,500 could support the costs of running our annual Harrow summer school, helping 50 state school teachers attend for free to improve their Latin and Greek.
- £10,000 could allow us to run a regional network for a year
Multi-year pledges or direct debit donations allow us to plan effectively for the future. Find out more about supporting our work, how to donate or contact Alice, our Fundraising Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.