Every week, at least one state primary or secondary school gets in touch to see how Classics for All can support its teachers, staff and pupils to introduce, maintain or develop its classics provision. It is only thanks to our donors - individual, trusts and foundations and corporates - that we are able to meet as well as stimulate this demand. Thanks to our donors we have given over 55,000 pupils access to Latin, Ancient Greek, classical civilization and ancient history. We receive no government funding and are grateful for gifts of all amounts. Please help us achieve our vision of giving every UK state school pupil access to classical subjects, regardless of their background or ability, by considering a gift today.
Last year, we reached 200 schools and your contributions can help us reach even more.
- £15 could provide a set of books for one pupil
- £125 could support the costs of a talk or workshop in schools
- £500 could support a taster day to make the case for classics with non-specialist teachers
- £3,000 could support the costs of two years’ training and mentoring needed to embed classics on the curriculum in a primary or secondary school.
- £10,000 could allow us to run a regional network for a year
For more information on supporting our work, please contact Alice Parr at email@example.com.
We are delighted to publicly acknowledge gifts of £1,000 or more through our donor recognition categories: Praetorians £1,000+, Senators £5,000+, Consuls £10,000+, Heroes £25,000+ and Olympians £100,000+. See who contributed last year. We’re grateful to all donors - for those giving less than £1,000 we invite you to join our Centurions Campaign.
Classics for All is working to create a step change in the funding available for classics in UK state schools. Please join our ranks today! You can donate by:
- Setting up a regular gift with CAF Bank (select direct debit as payment method) or a paper form can be downloaded here.
- Making a one-off contribution online (select one-off payment) or a paper form can be downloaded here.
- Making an online transfer by BACS
name of bank: CAF Bank
account number 00019505
sort code 40 52 40
Reference: please include your name as reference.
- Sending a cheque with this form to Classics for All, C14 King’s College (Strand), London WC2R 2LS
(Please note, due to COVID-19, we are currently unable to access post regularly. Please donate using another method if at all possible).
- Joining our Lawyers Group for access to fascinating classics-themed events.
- Remembering us in your will
- Donating in memory